still not looking a day over 25!Today is Connie's birthday!!
Here's 40 things I know about this woman.
- She's fiesty and full of fire.
- She's smart as a whip.
- She's absolutely hilarious.
- She's got a raunchy sense of humor.
- She's kind.
- She's generous.
- She's loyal.
- She's a great friend.
- She's fiercely independent.
- She's very handy with power tools and hotmail codes.
- She's got a very loving heart.
- She owns entirely too many Fisher Price playsets.
- Her favorite color is purple.
- She loves good wine.
- Her idea of a good sized steak means half a cow.
- She's a natural redhead.
- She has a shopping addiction.
- Her daughter-to-be may have more clothes than momma.
- She cusses like a sailor.
- She has a ton of bloggy friends.
- In fact, she's a blog ho.
- She has an unheard of number of blogs in her blogline subscription.
- She cries real tears and sobs uncontrollably when she gets to really lauging hard.
- She's adopting from China.
- She's naming her daughter Jadyn.
- She's a single momma-to-be.
- She has this delusion that she can go COO (carry on only) to China.
- Her neck gets red when she drinks like mine does.
- She delivers babies for a living.
- She has an alter ego named CJ.
- She owns far too many pairs of shoes.
- She has excellent aim when shooting a gun even though she was a first timer.
- She has an obsession with Propel water.
- She's got a wild streak.
- She has 3 cats.
- She has excellent taste and a natural talent for interior decorating.
- She's braver than she thinks she is.
- She's far stronger than she thinks she is.
- She's still sexy.
- She's going to be an absolutely amazing mom!
I've been blessed with many things along this path to my daughter. I've met a lot of new people. But I never guessed that I'd make friendships like this. I met this wild and crazy chica through commenting on her blog. Then we started exchanging e-mails. Since we only live 45 minutes away from each other, we finally met in person last summer. I knew immediately that we would be great friends. We have so many things in common including the fact that we're logged in to China and waiting for our daughters. And we're both doing this on our own as single mommas. She's the only person in my life who truly understands what I'm going through in this adoption process because she's going through it ,too.
But that's just the half of it. She's my soul sister. I always have a blast with her. I'm so happy that I have her to experience all of this with. It'll help that she's loggged in 4 months earlier than me so I'll get a ton of BTDT advice when it's my turn. I can't wait to watch Connie get the referral for her daughter, Jadyn, and then bring her home. I'm not sure who'll be more excited... her or me!
Happy Birthday Connie!
I love ya girl!