Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- Work has been sucking the life out of me. Maybe that's a little dramatic...but it's definitely draining my energy. The massive volume of cases I'm working is overwhelming. And I don't see it getting any better any time soon. By the end of the work day all I want to do is turn my brain off. Hence the lack of blog posting.
- Speaking of work...the police dept has decided the answer to their (many) problems is to "reorganize". No one really knows what that means other than they intend to take 5 districts and make them into only 3. But the fact is... the manpower will be the same (less actually with a large number of retirements scheduled at the first of the year), the geographical size of the city will be the same. Yet somehow dividing the pie differently is going to change everything. Really? Every logistical question that has been asked about how this is going to work has been answered with crickets chirping. I just don't get how a decision can be presented as a solution with no explanation of How It's Actually Going To Work.
- Both of the things mentioned above are leading to the heaviest amount of job stress I've experienced in my 15 yr law enforcement career. But I'm trying to focus on the positive. Which lately has just consisted of the simple phrase..."At least I'm still getting a paycheck".
- Three of the five T's are playing soccer. So is my brother's son. I'm trying to attend games as much as I can. But even the most-awesome-super-cool-fun-aunt in the world has trouble dividing herself four ways. LOL!
- I went camping with all the T's, their parents and my BFF over Labor Day weekend. It was so much fun! But it helps that my sister has a travel trailer with plenty of sleeping room, a full kitchen, flat screen TV and bathroom. Does that even still count as camping? I'll add some pics from our adventure in another post.
- I'm feeling the clock winding down as I move closer and closer to referral. Which means lots of projects being completed around the house, starting to think about things like which high chair do I want, what are my plans for daycare, which luggage to buy, oh my gawd I have so many attachment and parenting books to read, how fast can I lose 50 lbs, and many other "I'm NOT READY!" freak outs. Really, Krista? It's been over four and a half YEARS! How can you not feel ready? LOL!
- I'm ready. If they call me tomorrow...it'll all fall into place. I know that. :)
- But speaking of calling, I'm still expecting that to happen in January. Although we haven't had a batch yet this month. Which is beginning to look like they may skip September altogether. That will most likely push me back. But I'm still expecting my window for referral to be Jan/Feb/March with travel to bring her home happening about 6-8 wks after that. I'm not discouraged at this news. After 51 months of waiting....one or two more months is no sweat.
- I'm going on vacation next week. I'm so freakin' excited!!!! More about that later.
- My brain is tired. I'm done. ;)