- I've lost 5 more lbs bringing my total to 30. I'm counting from my last homestudy physical which was in March. So while it's been a slow and steady loss... I'm happy to be getting smaller. Just this week I've started trying a little harder in anticipation of this child who will undoubtedly kick my ass if I don't get in better shape.
- I sold all my bedroom furniture on Craigsl1st in less than 24 hours! Because I spontaneously bought new bedroom furniture and decided to completely redecorate the room.... cuz I really got nothing else going on right now, right? LOL!
- My BFF revealed she has secretly been planning a baby shower for me. Can I just tell you how happy and excited this makes me?! Because for decades I've been attending other people's showers and now I'll finally get to have one of My Own. Yay!
- I've been making my own packing list and feeling very confident, organized and in control.
- Based on the pattern of dates referred over the last 12 months, I'm expecting my referral to come in March or April. And it's the end of January already. :)
- The diet sucks. No really. I just started a very restrictive "buy your food from them" kind of thing. And most of the food so far is absolutely gag-a-licous. But that 5 lbs was actually in 3 days ...so I'm suffering through it. Can't wait to see what the actual total will be after the end of the first week.
- Oh and 30 lbs lost ...is still 60 lbs more than my first homestudy physical in 2006. Fuck you very much China. Your now 5 year long IA program is not so good for a compulsive emotional eater.
- My NEW bedroom furniture will be delivered sometime between ...oh the end of February to maybe April. I had no idea the old stuff would sell so quickly. So now I'll be living like a college kid sleeping on a mattress on the floor and getting dressed out of a cardboard box. Oh well.
- My BFF is planning a baby shower with no input from me. Which in the end will be absolutely wonderful ... but right now is making me "the control freak" practically hyperventilate.
- I've been making my own packing list and feeling scared shitless and completely overwhelmed.
- We've not had even a rumor yet for the next cut off date. Today is January 25th. Almost the end of the month. And China seems to be putting more time in between when they're sending out batches. Which means while I should be able to predict a referral and it should be within the next couple of months. The reality is that I have no friggin idea when I'll see my daughter's face.
- Oh and that song by the Dixie Chicks came on the radio today while I was driving. The lullaby one that goes "they didn't have you where I come from... how long do you want to be loved... is forever enough?" Yeah that one. And it made me cry.