Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Good & The Bad

Good
  • I've lost 5 more lbs bringing my total to 30. I'm counting from my last homestudy physical which was in March. So while it's been a slow and steady loss... I'm happy to be getting smaller. Just this week I've started trying a little harder in anticipation of this child who will undoubtedly kick my ass if I don't get in better shape.
  • I sold all my bedroom furniture on Craigsl1st in less than 24 hours! Because I spontaneously bought new bedroom furniture and decided to completely redecorate the room.... cuz I really got nothing else going on right now, right? LOL!
  • My BFF revealed she has secretly been planning a baby shower for me. Can I just tell you how happy and excited this makes me?! Because for decades I've been attending other people's showers and now I'll finally get to have one of My Own. Yay!
  • I've been making my own packing list and feeling very confident, organized and in control.
  • Based on the pattern of dates referred over the last 12 months, I'm expecting my referral to come in March or April. And it's the end of January already. :)
Bad
  • The diet sucks. No really. I just started a very restrictive "buy your food from them" kind of thing. And most of the food so far is absolutely gag-a-licous. But that 5 lbs was actually in 3 days ...so I'm suffering through it. Can't wait to see what the actual total will be after the end of the first week.
  • Oh and 30 lbs lost ...is still 60 lbs more than my first homestudy physical in 2006. Fuck you very much China. Your now 5 year long IA program is not so good for a compulsive emotional eater.
  • My NEW bedroom furniture will be delivered sometime between ...oh the end of February to maybe April. I had no idea the old stuff would sell so quickly. So now I'll be living like a college kid sleeping on a mattress on the floor and getting dressed out of a cardboard box. Oh well.
  • My BFF is planning a baby shower with no input from me. Which in the end will be absolutely wonderful ... but right now is making me "the control freak" practically hyperventilate.
  • I've been making my own packing list and feeling scared shitless and completely overwhelmed.
  • We've not had even a rumor yet for the next cut off date. Today is January 25th. Almost the end of the month. And China seems to be putting more time in between when they're sending out batches. Which means while I should be able to predict a referral and it should be within the next couple of months. The reality is that I have no friggin idea when I'll see my daughter's face.
  • Oh and that song by the Dixie Chicks came on the radio today while I was driving. The lullaby one that goes "they didn't have you where I come from... how long do you want to be loved... is forever enough?" Yeah that one. And it made me cry.

15 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats on all of your goods!

I am deep into packing list mania here too! Since yours is already typed and all I wouldn't mind an email copy if you have time.

Carla said...

Congrats on the loss! Keep it up! You'll be jogging up the Great Wall soon!
I can't believe you sold your bedroom set that fast. Pretty cool though. Does the mattress on the floor mean Griffey doesn't need a step?

And again I say, baby showers are planned by friends and family, not the Mom. Butt out! No seriously, your input occasionally is okay, don't be annoying. You know what I mean, control freak.

Suzie said...

You go girl!!! 30 pounds is AWESOME!!!! I can't believe you are so close to referral. It's about freakin time!!! Would love to catch up with you soon :-)

Michal said...

The bay shower sounds fun and it will be amazing- just sit back and let it happen. It is your due afterall!
I am seriously jealous over those 30 pounds- not so much about the gaggy food tho.

Have fun with that list!!

Anonymous said...

thinking good thoughts for you.

~Kristen said...

Stick with those goods... they are really good!!!

Congrats on the 30lbs... that awesome, you"ll get to where you want. But sorry the food is so gross. Btdt... And I can certainly agree!

SO what kind of new furniture did ya get... Im so jealous. I desperately need new bedroom furniture, new living room furniture, new dining room furniture... I don't even know what to start with!! I can't wait to see yours!

Sarah in MT said...

I'd say "Someday you'll look back at this and laugh", but I'm seriously afraid you'd reach through the computer and smack the crap outta me. Hang in there, Sybil, you'll come out on top in the end.

Donna said...

Listen to MIchael Buble' "I just haven't met you yet" and picture your daughter!

Tanya said...

Being a mom has turned me into emotional mush. I was NEVER like this before I had kids and now I swear I cry all the time. Heck, when I was pregnant with my first I would cry at the A&W commercial where they brought the dad a grandpa burger instead of a papa burger.... every... single... time.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I was never an emotional eater before this wait. And now? Oy vey. You aren't the only one. My fast metabolism and food allergies make it look like a non-issue, but it's there. Believe me, it's there.

Gravity said...

I used that song for Sissy's adoption video....makes me cry everytime. Congrats on the weight-loss! 5 lbs is nothing to sneeze at!

Abby's Mom said...

Hang in there Krista you are in the home stretch :) Stay busy just like you are. I promise that any projects you have planned and not completed once Mia is home will likely stay not completed for a long while. Waiting in anticipation with you and can't wait to see you Mia's face! ((HUGS!))

Wendy said...

Hang in there - it's hard to imagine but as soon as you have your daughter in your arms, the years of waiting literally melt away. Until then, keep writing. I love your honesty. The wait really does suck. Big time.

Shannon said...

Good? I'd say you've listed greats! Ellie'd say Supah!!
Smiled at many of your bads 'cause you're soooo right! Been stalking RQ for you, friend, in hope of continued jumps forward. Hugs.

Briana's Mom said...

Ugh - I am an emotional eater too. I sooo get where you are coming from. I gained weight before Briana's referral from stress eating and fertility treatments. It just sucked. 30 pounds down is amazing!

Don't worry about the baby shower - it will be amazing!