Monday, February 19, 2007

Hangin' Wit My Homeys

Saturday night I took a road trip a bit south for a bloggy mama get together. We definitely celebrated the coming "Year of the Pig" by eating like a bunch of them. Geez... so much for my diet. We met up at Connie's crib. In attendance were fellow bloggers Sam, Stacy, and Robin. We're all waiting for our daughters from China except for Sam, who's been home with Kieren for a little over a year.

Stacy made this blanket for Connie for her birthday. The three of us and Catherine went to Detroit last November. The fabric for this blanket was purchased there. It suited Connie's ducky LID countdown.
You can tell we're bloggers because of all the camera flash. All five of us were literally taking photos of each other at the same time. This is Sam and Robin but you can see Connie and me in the reflection. Well, you can see my camera flash and my arm. What a bunch of dorks we are....
Since Connie and I were celebrating our birthdays, Stacy brought us a cake. Isn't this cute? I think that's Jadyn and Mia depicted there in the frosting. We actually ended up with three chocolate cakes! I think we may have a bit of a problem with chocolate.
I got a few birthday gifts as well. This is from Connie. Cute candle thingy that is now living in the computer room.
A bib from Stacy for my daughter. I love the comment on it. It certainly fits cuz if Mia is anything like her Momma she'll be a smart ass, too. She made this gorgeous hat for Mia. I'm so not creative with things like this that I actually said "This is called knitting, right?" Uh yeah... genius!
A beautious scented candle from Sam. I love candles. I'm always burning them so my house smells purdy.
We had a fabulous time gabbing, trading stories, looking at Sam's China photos, and gorging on all the delish food and drink. We learned that in China they serve a lot of the meat dishes with the head of the animal still attached. This seemed to disgust Connie. In fact, she insisted that nothing with a head was going into her mouth. But we knew better....wink wink, Candy! Of course now she won't be able to travel carry-on-only since she'll need a suitcase full of Power Bars to keep her from starving over there.

Sam and Robin drove back home late that night. Stacy hung out until about 3am. Then Connie and I stayed up talking about them until 5am. Just kidding girls! It was a blast and I can't wait to hang out with all of you cool people again soon. To check out some more pics of the fun click here , here and here.

19 comments:

Jill and Jaap said...

What a great time! Lovely gifts! Cake is too cute!

ferenge mama said...

How fun! So awesome that you gals are all close enough to get together...

Polar Bear said...

Can't WAIT until next time!

Colleen said...

What great fun!! I had to laugh when you said you talked about the other girls when they left...so silly! I love all the pics everyone has. Its so great that you can all get together. I hope you do end up coming out this way this year...(but I'd rather you get your referral....)

I LOVE the cake.

Elise said...

So jealous!!! You guys looked like you had a great time indeed!!! Happy CNY!!!

Pug Mama said...

sooooooo wish I was there!

4D said...

Looks like a super fun time!!! I wish I was there to partake of the fun.

Keep smilin!

dawn said...

If i'd only known there was going to be cake!

So glad it was fun.

Norma said...

Sounds like a good time! It is so great to be with those who "get it"!

C's Mom said...

Hahaha...I was just about to have mercy on my partners, cancel my hair appt and go to work tomorrow to help organize the ginormous mess in our new office. Thanks for posting that picture ;0) After seeing that, they are out of luck and I am not missing that hair appt. on a bet.

It was fun, fun, fun!

Shandra said...

What a great girls night! Love the pics. We have to come over to your place to see pics of Connie! LOL

Sam said...

LOL!!! I can't believe you said it!!! Poor Candy's secret is now out!!!! LOL!!! Had a great time. Shopping in March, but you are welcome at our house anytime!!! See you soon!

Tao's Mommy said...

Looks like a great time had by all again....love your birthday cake....too cute!!

Donna said...

Glad you guys had such a blast!

Calico Sky said...

What fun!!!
So glad you had a nice time!!!

Deb said...

Sounds like you all had a blast!
Fun cake!

aimeeg said...

sounds like a great time!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time sharing laughs and stories. Nothing like a girls' night!!

M and M said...

How great that you had a fun night. I am glad you had a good party. Nice gifts too!!