Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Did I Say Cold?

This was about 5 o'clock this afternoon and it hasn't stopped yet. The weatherman is saying we may get 6 inches by morning. The roads are awful. They had to shut down I-70 for a few hours because of a major pileup. In Ohio, we should be used to snow. And yet, every winter people somehow lose their minds about how to drive during the first big snowfall.
I'm snug as a bug in a rug right now in my toasty warm sweats and cozy socks. Thank goodness I don't have any pressing matters requiring me to leave the house this evening. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow. So getting there in the morning is going to be a nightmare. These are the kind of days that I wish I had a husband. I'd send him out to shovel the walks and the driveway. LOL! I won't even attempt to shovel until it stops snowing. So it may be tomorrow evening before it gets done. Sorry Mr Postman. And yes, I'm single but have two cars. Well, technically this one out front doesn't belong to me. It's my unmarked car that I drive for work. No payments, no cost for gas, and when it breaks down I call a tow and get another one. There are a few perks to my job. But just a small few. It has also helped me keep my Rav4 under 45,000 miles even though it's 4 1/2 years old.
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. Why can't the police department have snow days?

11 comments:

Joannah said...

I wouldn't want to live with it, but the snow is so pretty. Enjoy it while it lasts!

OziMum said...

If it makes you feel any better - it's been horrifyingly hot here!!! 40 degreesC for a week. Mikayla was whining about it being so hot, and I said the folks in America would be glad for some heat... they have snow! She said Yeah! Lets have snow! I then said, she'd just be whining about that. Conversation finished.

I SOOOO wanted a RAV4, when I bought my last car, but to appease hubs I bought a Subaru Forester... Turbo, of course! I must say, I'm very happy with the Forester.

Mariah said...

Yikes, good luck tomorrow!! Stay warm!!

M and M said...

Glad to hear that you are warm and toasty tonight! You might want to pull your work car in the driveway (if it fits) so you don't have to dig it out in the morning!! That part REALLY sucks!

C's Mom said...

Yeah - I hear ya! Somehow babies don't get the word about staying in utero during snowstorms either. Tomorrow is my call day though I imagine we won't have office hours.

t~ said...

A husband doesn't help...when we lived up north it was usually my arse shoveling the sidewalk and starting my car to warm up...fun.

Don't miss it at all. It looks purdy, but soon it will turn to dark, nasty slush. Ugh!

Stay warm!

4D said...

I say the same thing...but sometimes add Frickin' to it when I am driving in and amonst the morons.

Keep smilin!

Carla said...

No, the PD can not get snow days. You have enough perk days as it is. Wimp! Do you forget the year I was stuck at the hospital WORKING for 20 hours because the day shift couldn't make it through the snow? No, no more perks for you.

Carla said...

Forgot to mention that I was 7 months pregnant at the time!!!!

Tao's Mommy said...

Hey thats exactly how it looks hear too!!! Nice to see the snow come, but nice to see it go too!!

Norma said...

Yes, Kim and I will be soo glad to see it go. I have waist deep snow in my backyard right now - no, I haven't been walking in it! There are snowpiles higher than the cars everywhere.