Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!


Oct 6th, 1948 was the day my mother was born. So today I'd like to wish her a very happy birthday!

My mother is pretty unconventional (to say the least... and I mean that in a nice way Mom). She did teach us that we could be whoever we wanted to be and to not let ourselves be molded into a certain stereotype. I guess that's why my sister and I both started careers in male dominated fields. Carla joined the Navy right out of high school and I went to the Police Academy. Then when Mom was nearing 50 she walked away from her clerical field career and went to truck driving school. Now she drives a "Big Rig" across the country. (and they say women can't even parallel park? Ha I say to that!)

My mom's favorite color is purple. Every single day she wears some piece of clothing that's purple. And I mean every single day people! Can you see what color her glasses are tinted?

She has three children. Me, Carla and our brother, Travis, who'll be 30 soon himself. She's the grandmother to my sister's four children with Mia to be the fifth. This pic was taken on March 29th, 2005 right after her youngest grandson was born. Her job keeps her away from home quite a bit. We're looking forward to the day, hopefully soon, when she'll be doing something local so we can all have more family time together.

Mom, I know we've had our ups and downs over the years but I can't imagine my life without you in it. I love you! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from another gal who loves her purple ;óp Connie

Eliza2006 said...

Hey, my mom's b-day is Oct. 6 too! Happy Birthday to our moms!!!

Tiffany

Sandra said...

Aw what a sweet post to honor your Mom's day!

4D said...

Lovely post. Happy Birthday! Wishing you all the best and safe riggin!

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Krista's Mom!

You've raised one sweet girl there and she's going to make an awesome mommy herself!

Hope today is extra special for you!

Joannah said...

What a nice tribute to your mom.

Happy birthday!

Tamara said...

Happy B/d Mom- she's lucky to have a daughter who loves and appreciates her so much!

Debra Sue said...

What a great post. My daddy is a "big rigger" and I totally understand how much you appreciate the little things and time when they are home. You're mom's a lucky lady to have such a loving and supportive daughter.

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet thing to do,Krista, I love u, too!!!!! The blog was enuff, but the CROCS were just the s___!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Wow, what a woman! Wonderful birthday wishes to her!

Anonymous said...

Your mother looks very young. And I just love the purple glasses. It must make the whole world brighter.

~Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Krista's Mom!!!!!!

t~ said...

She sounds like a wonderful mom! Happy Birthday to her!

Polar Bear said...

I work with a lady who wears purple EVERY day, too. She even has purple Christmas sweaters. It is fun to see what she will come in with next.

Happy belated Birthday to your mom!

Carla said...

Thanks Krista, make me out to be the bad daughter who didn't even call Mom! And I thought we were waiting on the crocs until the birthday party??? Sorry Mom, I meant to call of course, but I'm the detached, unsentimental, works weekends, busy with 4 kids, on the computer at 4 am, birthdays are just another day daughter.