Friday, October 27, 2006

BPOH: Halloween Decor

In response to Shannon's request that we try another edition of Blogger Parade of Homes to highlight our Halloween decor, here are some pics. I only do a bit of decorating outside. Nothing inside. And nothing real elaborate. This is my front door.
I love this Autumn themed wreath that hangs on my front door.
Here's my Halloween doormat with Griffey modeling his candy corn bandana. No I didn't do that. He had again just come from the groomer after a bath and haircut. I tried to get him to either get out of the way or look at the camera but he refused. I think he was waiting on me to open the door so he could go in the house. Spoiled brat ...that dog is.
My jack-o-lanterns at night all lit up. A little confession... they're fake. Yep, they plug in and turn on with a switch. No carving going on here. Who has time for that? Ok, maybe when Mia gets older we'll try the carving pumpkins thing but for now these work just as well.
And this is my back door wreath. I made it myself after finding all these little monster ornaments in a store one year. Oops.. looks like the little ghost got cut out of the pic there at the bottom. So that's it. Nothing too spectacular.

12 comments:

Joannah said...

Very cute decorations, Krista! I love pumpkins and fall colors.

Donna said...

That really looks fantastic, Krista...we may come trick-or-treating at your house!

~Kristen said...

Very cute... I Love this time of year!!

Drea said...

I think the fake pumpkins are the way to go! I saw in a magazine that white ones were out this year too!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Very cute, Krista! Joël and I are planning on carving our pumpkins on Saturday night and then on Sunday we are making chocolate apples for my students. Too fun!

Paulette said...

Beautiful decorations you are sure to have some tricker-treaters. In the last 9 years that I have lived in my house I have never had a tricker-treater. So I don’t even have a pumpkin. Can’t wait for that all to change with a kid in the picture.

Anonymous said...

Your decorations look great! Love the faux pumpkins- my favorite kind!

Headmeister said...

I LOVE your decorations! I never decorate for Halloween because I'm so afraid that I won't take the stuff down til Easter...lol.. I'm jealous!

4D said...

Really nice!

Keep smilin!

Elise said...

Really looks so inviting for those little trick-or-treaters! Love that you have wreaths on both your front and back door, you are my kind of girl;0)

Tamara said...

charming!

Jennilee said...

How cute Halloween decoration!! I just love the pumpkins with lights...