Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fall Farm Festival Fun!

Yesterday my mom and I took the kids for an outing while my sister caught up on some much needed sleep and my brother-in-law got to take a break and enjoy the beautiful weather on his motorcycle. We went to the Fall Farm Festival at a local fruit farm. It was a gorgeous day. Perfect sunshiney fall weather. We had a great time. They had a ton of things for the kids. This is a "corn box". You've heard of a sand box. Same concept. This is Tatum trying to feed Grandma some corn, I think. Oh and remember how I said she wears purple everyday. You thought I was kidding. Even Tatum had her purple on yesterday.
This is the goat fort. I love this pic of the slide. Travis is at the top giving Teagan a little push and Tatum is at the bottom waiting to catch him. Sometimes it's good to have siblings. Teagan loved it. He laughed his head off all the way down. There are goats underneath this slide that you can see the kids feeding and brushing in the pic below.


Apparently the baby bunnies from last year were replaced by puppies this year. This is Tanner holding one. This was the only real sore spot of the day. Tatum had a little meltdown when I made her give up the puppy. Good practice for the reality of temper tantrums in public. Not fun.

A little train ride of sorts. I guess you can call it that. Tanner was a wonderful big brother and had Teagan sit with him, although all you can really see of him is a big blue hat.

This is what they called the hamster wheel. Yep, you crawl up the sides to make it roll. The kids thought it was cool.

This is not the greatest pic since the two little ones are looking at the ground instead of the camera. We had all just gone down that ginormous tunnel slide you can kind of see in the background. It's about 40 feet high. Seriously. Aunt Krista thought she'd just walk to the top to help Teagan get up there and then send him down the slide for someone at the bottom to catch. But once I looked down and saw how high it was I thought.... not such a good idea. So I went with him on my lap. It was really fun but I ended up with a muddy ass for my efforts. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for being the best aunt ever!

We hiked through a 5 acre corn maze which proved to be a good test for what to expect in China. By now it was a little warmer outside. In the cornfield there was no breeze so my long-john shirt and big black fleece sweatshirt didn't seem like such a good plan anymore. We hiked through the muddy cornfield, getting lost several times, while I worked up a sweat lugging this 19 month old on my hip. Reality check. Note to self... start workout plan soon! And it's a good thing my new Crocs are washable cuz they took a beating. We also saw a fat pot-bellied pig just wandering around the apple orchard eating the rotten apples, met a couple of cute dogs that also had run of the place, went through a haunted house kind of thing, the boys did a zip line contraption that was set up there, and we took a hayride with a tractor that kept stalling out but by that time we didn't mind. Mom and I were just happy to be sitting down! Unfortunately, the pumpkin patch had been picked pretty clean so we didn't end up with any to take home. All in all it was a really good day, but a bit exhausting, as you can see by what happened on the ride home. I can honestly say I've never seen all four of them down for the count in the middle of the afternoon like this. Ahhhh.... success!!




16 comments:

Headmeister said...

Oh my gosh, it's just like my trip to go pumpkin picking with my sister and nephew! I love the pic in the car....lol!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Fun!! Looks like everyone had a fabulous time and that picture in the car of all of the kids sleeping is just too cute!

~Kristen said...

What a FUN day.. you are a great aunt. I love this time of year, that kind of thing are my favorite days out!!

C's Mom said...

HeeHee...you wore those kids out!

What's a little muddy ass between family? :0)

Hey, shouldn't you have had your face stuffed through that little green character head?

Glad you got the pics to quit hassling you with uploading.

Polar Bear said...

Cool pumpkin farm! What a great day!

wzgirl said...

GREAT pics, Krista! And, yes, you make quite an excellent auntie!! How fun, mud and all!

t~ said...

Looks like a bunch of fun! I've always wanted to do a corn field maze!

Joannah said...

Looks like a fun day! Just think, in a couple years you'll be taking Mia to places like that.

4D said...

Looks like a great time!

Keep smilin!

Mariah said...

Looks like such fun!! You are going to be a great MOM!!

Kelli said...

Too cute!! Looks like you had a GREAT time!! These are just the kinds of things I can't wait to do with my daughter!!! You will be well practiced for the trip to China, and a few steps ahead in "mommyhood" I am sure!!!

Carla said...

Thanks for taking them out Krista. I know they loved it. I love the pics. Glad they weren't too much to handle. Daddy really did need a break. :op

Tao's Mommy said...

Looks like you had a great day!! I think I would be sleeping along with them after that much fun!!

Elise said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!

Shannon said...

What a terrific day!! You are Super Aunt for sure!

Anonymous said...

You're going to be such a great mom because of all the practice with Carla's! Good for you! And them! And Mia!! What a fun day and great pics! Unfortunately for me, when I do that with mine, they don't fall asleep afterwards, ha, ha!! Oh well, they take after me and don't need much sleep. Glad you all had such a good time and great weather!!