Monday, December 11, 2006

Only 2 Weeks Until Christmas

So in the spirit of the upcoming holiday I thought I'd play Shannon's game. She e-mailed this to me but I thought it'd be more fun to do it here on the blog. Okay, I really just don't have anything interesting to blog about tonight. I also included a pic of me and the kids in our Christmas pajamas for Donna's photo challenge. You know I have a thing for penguin pj's. I thought it'd be fun to include my sister's kids in my obsession. This is last year's pic. I have new jammies for their gifts this year. So look for that pic in a couple of weeks.


Here's the Holiday Trivia about me:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate??
Egg Nog. But I also have to have Starbucks Peppermint Mocha coffee during the holidays.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps them and puts them under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights everywhere! I love the colors.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No or else I'd be kissing Griffey a lot.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Either the weekend after Thanksgiving or the first weekend in December. Depends on how motivated I'm feeling.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Spinach dip in a round pumpernickel loaf.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Going to my grandparents house every Xmas evening with the entire extended family. There were a lot of us! My Dad is the youngest of five kids so including aunts, uncles and cousins it was chaos. But fun chaos!

8. When and how did you learn there was no Santa?
I was about 8 and accidentally saw my big yellow Barbie RV that Santa was supposed to bring. Except it was hidden in the garage way before Xmas day.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Depends on what day my brother, sister, Mom and me do our family Christmas exchange. They all come to my house and we have to figure out everyone's work schedules and what day Xmas falls on. This year it will either be Xmas day or the 23rd.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get put out for him?
Well, my famous iced sugar cookies of course.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I'd love a white Christmas! But hate driving in it. Oh and shoveling it, too.

12. Can you ice skate?
Never tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I got engaged at Christmas so it'd have to be the big rock. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't last but I kept the rock! Had it cut down into a pendant and earrings last year as my Xmas gift to myself. So still my fave gift! Hey it wasn't the diamonds' fault.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with my family. And the magic and mystery of it all! I still believe in Santa!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My famous Christmas iced sugar cookies!! We have a cookie making party every year with all my favorite kids. I look forward to it as much as they do.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My family coming to my house for our gift exchange. We eat too much and hang out, open presents and usually watch "The Christmas Story". But my cookie making party is nearly a tie for my favorite tradition.

17. What tops your tree?
A red star.

18. Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving?
Both... actually probably the giving more though.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"Silent Night" but "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" comes in a close second.

20. Candy Canes- love em or leave em?
Love them

21. Favorite Christmas movie?
"A Christmas Story" and now also "The Polar Express"

22. When does your tree get taken down?
Sometime in January when I can muster enough strength to tackle the job.

So that's all the fun I can handle tonight. Anybody else want to play? Feel free to copy it onto your blog.

9 comments:

wzgirl said...

I'm still trippin' on the title of your post - TWO more weeks til' Christmas? How did that happen?

t~ said...

Cute pj's and love your answers! I'm just shocked that I live in Florida and have taken my kids ice skating and you live in Ohio and haven't even tried it, that's funny!

C's Mom said...

Egg nog....couldn't get beyond that one! I suspect it is due to my job that I can never touch the stuff....gag.

Feel free to enjoy though ;0)

Anonymous said...

I can't touch egg nog either...but kudos on those PJs!! :)

Tao's Mommy said...

OMG..You have new been ice skating??? Dont worry I HATE it..it hurts when you fall and I just cant get into it!!
But very cute picture, I love the PJ's. Everytime I see pneguin's I alwasy think of you!!

Donna said...

What a great picture! You look ready for Santa!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those sugar cookies. I think that I always eat a few too many though. They sneak up on me and force their way into my mouth!

Pug Mama said...

LOVE the photo!
I know, very hard to take!!!
;0)
I'm gonna take your quiz (soon)

Dawn and Dale said...

I joined in tonight!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Dawn