Saturday, December 23, 2006

Melissa Rocks!

Many of you read Melissa's blog "Awaiting Ava". I'm also a loyal reader. We've exchanged some e-mails back and forth and I made a promise the other day that before I die I was going to drink a margarita with this chick. She's my kind of peeps! So she asks for my address and I'm thinking she's sending a quilt square. I go to get the mail this morning and I see this. My first thought is "WTF?! Why in the hell is there a chainsaw on my front porch?" But then I saw it was from sweet Melissa and look what was inside......... Big surprises for me!! First, a light up penguin! How cool is this guy?! He immediately replaced the light up Santa that was here. Santa is now looking for a new home. I'll take a pic of this Chilly Willy look alike tonight in all his bright and shiny glory.
Ava sent an ornament for Mia! The pic came out dark but you can still see how adorable this is.
And penguin dishtowels and pot holders which could not have come at a better time. My sister noticed the pot holder we were using during the cookie making marathon was hers ... so she stole it back. These are the new official Xmas cookie making pot holders from now on!
Oh and she did send a quilt square. Actually two. I might even use both in Mia's quilt.
The most amazing thing about all of this is that I've NEVER EVEN MET Melissa! I promise I will someday though. She lives in Georgia so we'll have to work out a plan. I'm constantly amazed by the wonderful, generous, kind-hearted people I've met on this adoption journey. I never imagined I would make so many new friends and find such awesome support when I made this decision. We're all in this together and no one else can truly understand what we got through and how we feel except each other. I'm so blessed to have found this place. Thank you again Melissa for thinking of me in the middle of your busy life as a wife and mom to three kids, two dogs and awaiting Ava. You put a smile in my heart today!

8 comments:

wzgirl said...

Not sure if I'll ever be able to look at another penguin w/o thinking of you, Krista! XO

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome gift! That Melissa is so thoughtful!

Carla said...

How thoughtful. Btw, we can give Santa a home. :o) Teagan seemed to like him.

C's Mom said...

Melissa DOES rock! She's one genuine good egg.

Whew! Glad it wasn't a chain saw or we were gonna have to take a road trip to check on her state of mind ;0)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I put a package in the mail for you the other day - but Melissa puts my little box to shame.

Anonymous said...

the people from adoption blogs are the best. Sounds like you found a special one there!!!

t~ said...

I know your probably really disappointed that it wasn't a chainsaw, but the penguin will do, I'm sure.

Melissa does ROCK and I love the people we have met!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! Everytime I see penguin stuff out and about, I think of you. I have a student in my class (his name is cameron) who is also in love with penguins so now I can't look at anything penguin-ny without thinking of the two of you. :)