Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lucky Toes!


There's only about another month of sandal wearing weather here in Ohio. I was feeling a little silly tonight when I went for my pedi and here's what happened. Chi is a stunningly beautiful little Vietnamese girl who's been doing my nails for years. She said this was her first request for ladybug nail art. I think she did a wonderful job!

Oh... and you're probably wondering about the tattoo. I guess I can say that was my first red thread to Mia. I got that on my 30th birthday. Long before I knew my future was in China. It says "courage and passion" cuz I like to think of myself as a courageous and passionate kinda chick.


Here's a close up. Cute dontcha think! Does this count as a lucky ladybug sighting?

12 comments:

4D said...

That is super cute! Def a red thread connection to Mia.

Love the tat. Did it hurt?

Keep smilin!

Special K said...

Thanks... I plan on getting another symbol there on each decade birthday...40,50,60 etc. I might have it all the way up my leg by the time I'm 80. :P

Oh and Yep... it hurt.

t~ said...

Awww, very cute. I went today and just stuck to the basics, a french.
I'll have to remember that though.

Joannah said...

I LOVE the ladybugs! I've got to get a pedicure this weekend. Maybe I'll copy you with the nail art...

Shandra said...

Cute ladybugs. I keep telling myself that I will get a tat but always wimp out.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

LOVE IT!! Very cute, Krista!!

wzgirl said...

Gurl, you so rock. How cool are your darn toes? And, that tatoo - good God that must have hurt. I've thought about sharing my own nail art, b/c I LOVE it so much. You have set a new precedent...and inspired a little bit of something. We'll see......

I've got a pal at the local coffee shop that has been egging me on re: tatooing. Oh, gosh, I am sooo totally tempted. Every darn day.

Special K said...

Wait til you guys see the next tattoo I have planned! It's going to be very cool.... but it's a secret for now. Probably won't happen until closer to time for referral. The only hint I'll give is that it's going to be something to honor my daughter. Sorry... must be patient. :P

Shannon said...

LOVE the ladybug nail art and love the tattoo! I have one on the same foot in the same place- a little tribute to our adoption.

Tao's Mommy said...

LOVE the toes!! You bet it counts as a LADYBUG sighting!!
The tattoo is great!! I'm planning on getting another one, but havent decided what and where yet. Some kind of Chinese writting!!

Anonymous said...

I had a ladybug land on my glasses the other day, I just let her walk around for a bit till she flew away! Does that count as a LADYBUG sighting????

Anonymous said...

LOVE the ladybugs!! They are cute!!