Y'all may have noticed an obvious lack of blogging recently. Unfortunately, that will continue for another week or so. Life is busy. What can I say. It won't be until about mid month that I can really take a breath. There are lots of good things going on.
- I picked my dad up from the airport last night. He's in town for a week long visit.
- Tomorrow I have to work and then pop over to my grandmother's 100th birthday party. Yep... I said 100!! That will be a huge family event.
- Tuesday after work I fly to North Carolina. For all of about 12 hours or so. Then I'm jumping in the car with Maryellen and Sophie to drive back to Ohio on Wednesday. Why, you ask? Cuz I'm a little crazy (well, maybe a lot crazy) and Mare needed some company on her road trip.
- Speaking of those two, they'll be in town for awhile. Staying with me a few days and then popping around to visit some other bloggy friends, too. In between their hospital stuff, of course. So the next couple weeks will be busy for me with some socializing and visiting around town.
- Next weekend my grandparents from Wisconsin are coming in for a high school reunion. So I'll have to squeeze in some time with them.
- That will be in between Tatum's ballet recital, a graduation party for her daughter and maybe even trying to get to Travis' last baseball game. Oh did I tell you Mare and Soph will be here during that time, too. And I'll also be squeezing in time with my dad throughout the week. LOL!
- Stuff going on with my mom's job loss. I won't really get into it here but I'll just say this is a very bad economy right now and things don't look promising.
- I've been getting estimates to possibly finish my basement to add more living space and another bathroom.
- Still fighting with worker's comp over my on-duty knee injury from OCTOBER!! It needs surgery. I've hired a lawyer. Now I have a doctor's appt next week (in between all the shit listed above) with their doc for an independent evaluation. Praying for a positive outcome there so I don't have to spend my $2000 deductible and burn my own sick time to repair the knee that I damaged AT WORK!
- Thank gawd the bad guy in the trial I had scheduled on Monday plead guilty. One less stressful time consuming thing off my plate.
- Many thoughts are in China as two of my girls await their babies tomorrow.
- Many thoughts are with with her as she adjusts to life at home with her new daughter and several of my other girls as they struggle with issues with their daughters, too.