Friday, May 22, 2009

My New Toy

Tonight I decided to bring my cell phone out of the dark ages. I was super sick of texting without a keyboard. And since my internet filter at work blocks a lot of blogs and Face-book, I was like a fiend without a fix for 8 WHOLE HOURS every day! Wait... how old am I? Texting, blogging, Face-book? WTF?

Anyhoo.... I stuck with Ver-izon and went with the Crackberry. I don't need no stinkin' Iphone, right Alison? LOL! Check out my snazzy Hot Pink plastic hard cover. Sexy, no? :P So forgive me, peeps, if texting is slow and full of typos this week. This new fangled device is gonna take some getting used to.

I have a Friday tradition of starting the weekend properly with a cocktail... or two. ;) But since I was running errands this evening, I had to resort to pajama happy hour at Casa De K. So tonight, in celebration of T & J's safe non-quarantined arrival in China, I chose their special concoction perfectly dubbed by Robin as the "Paradise". It reminds me of that place I love every time I sip one.
Happy Friday, y'all!

15 comments:

Kim said...

I have the same exact phone and cover..
And that drink looks AMAZING.. I am not a big drinker , as you know,,, but I think I will have to try that one..
As for the blogging.. I look at the blogs at work all day.. but haven't figured out how to post from there.. or facebook.. if you find out let me know in details..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..

Diana said...

I had 2 of those tonight:)
I bought the cranberry pomagrande LIGHT juice and it is wonderful:)
Someone ask me what it was called and I said "Waiting for Emerson" but Paradise sounds wonderful too as they do not have to wait much longer..woohooo!!!
Have a great weekend:)

Michelle said...

Love the phone. Pretty!

I am gonna have to try that drink. It looks soooooo good!

Robin said...

I got a blackberry storm for mother's day but I didnt' like it. When I would look at my blogs, it would not tell me which ones had updates and which ones didn't. I turned it back in after three days and just got an enV2. Now I wish I would have just gotten the curve. Oh well, maybe next time. :0)

Your drink looks prettier than mine.. more red and less blue. Perhaps I mixed mine incorrectly. You'll have to send me how you mixed yours up.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Paradise has never looked better......mix one up for me:)

Enjoy your weekend!!

Lisa

Pug Mama said...

you got your Bl@ckberry before me - bitch.

Luna said...

I have the same phone....Minus the pink cover. I'm so boring.....

~ Alison said...

So are u in love yet? LoL I'm blocked from FB & assorted other good websites at work as well - sucks!

Make me a drink, will u? With a floater . . .

~ Alison said...

P.S. love the pink cover!

Sandra said...

I love it - I was thinking of getting one for the exact same reasons you mentioned.

Bring me a drink down, will you?

Colleen said...

Dude!! Rock on with the cocktail!! I need to go get me some goodies to make some...if I can ever walk on my foot again!

So glad you got a new phone. I hate AT&T but I love my I*Phone. I can't do blogs or FB from work either -

Have a good weekend!

"M" said...

I've been resisting, but must admit that I want to play with the cool kids..... Enjoy your new hobby and the weekend.

Donna said...

Love my Blackberry too! Have a great weekend!

C's Mom said...

Had my crackberry for a while now and love it...it DOES take some getting used to without the actual keys though. No more texting by feel ;0)

t~ said...

I'm in iphone girl for sure. I do not like the crackberry. J does tho.

That drink sure has a lot of titles. I called it the gay pride drink for awhile because of the pretty rainbow it made. Guess that isn't so politically correct. I like the paradise name as well!