This is the exact same post from last year. Except I added some linkage to help remind me of the reasons to always be grateful for the blessings in my life. Today it just seems right to say them out loud again.
Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For
10. The ability to become a mother in a non-traditional way. Sometimes life just works out that way.... whether we like it or not. I'll be eternally grateful that something in this universe nudged me to go to that adoption fair in '06 instead of '07. Otherwise I would've missed my opportunity to adopt from China because of the rule changes that no longer allow single applicants.
9. Griffey, my furry soulmate. And the fact that he is home safe and sound where he belongs.
8. My house. I love that I'm able to own a house and create a home for myself and Mia. Every year it gets a little better with the improvements I do and I fall in love with it again. That and every year I owe less on the mortgage. Which really makes me love it even more.
7. My job. I truly love what I do and it gives me the ability to comfortably provide for myself on my own. I'm also grateful that I started at such a young age. That will afford me the ability to retire early.
6. The opportunities & freedom I have as an American citizen. Especially as a woman.
5. Mia's birthmother... whose choices will help me to find my daughter.
3. My daughter, Mia, who I don't know yet but feel in my heart every second. I dream of the day when I'll finally know her face. I imagine the happiness that'll come from being her mother.
2. My family whom I love dearly. Enough said.
And finally the number one thing I'm thankful for........
1. My health! If you know my history then you understand why this is at the top of the list.
I hope you all enjoy this day and are able to spend it with those that you love. And always remember to remain grateful for the blessings in your lives.