Saturday, August 30, 2008

Important Warning for Dog Lovers!!

I found this blog on another forum I read. It's a terribly tragic story of a dog named Chai who was severely injured by chewing this pimple ball. A vaccum was created that sucked his tongue into the hole. The ball had to be surgically removed. Unfortunately, the poor thing had to have his tongue amputated as a result. He's suffered tremendous pain and has had to re-learn how to eat and drink. It's just heartbreaking to read. Fair warning... there are some videos posted on the blog of Chai's recovery that absolutely made me weep. I can't stand to see an animal suffer. It was hard to watch.

Chai's owner was asking for a boycott of the company that manufactures the ball. It seems they were advised of the potential for injuries but did nothing about it. They possibly knew as far back as 2005 when another dog lost his life in the same type of accident. As of August 26, it appears that the company has now recalled the product. Thank goodness they listened.

I wanted to spread the word in case anyone still has this ball in their toy collection. I'd hate to see this happen to anyone else's dog.

7 comments:

kitchu said...

Yeah I had seen this, absolutely tragic.

Wendy said...

I can't imagine !!! that poor dog...

Wendy
Canada

Diana said...

OMG..that is so sad. I could not watch the whole video. I told a couple other dog owners about this tonight.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

OMG how scary. I was actually looking at this toy a few weeks ago. Thanks for posting this. This is so sad ; (

Anonymous said...

BTW, did u know that your mother has been addicted to cop shows...for obvious reasons...for quite awhile. U should come and consult my DVD library rather than paying for them. I have Law and Order SVU Seasons 1 thru 6, NYPD Blue Seasons 1 thru 4, The Closer Seasons 1 and 2, Without a Trace 1 and 2, Criminal Minds 1 and 2 and Season 1 of The Wire.

OziMum said...

Nasty! We don't have one of those, so hopefully our dogs will keep their tongues!

Daniella said...

Thanks for sharing this info. so sad