Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bullet Catch Up

  • I've been busy. Time is flying. I guess I should be glad about that. All the quicker for me to get to my kid, right? LOL! But seriously, where has the summer gone? I can't believe it's nearly September already.

  • Work is crazy busy. I'm buried right now. Between court appearances, paperwork, interviews and the like, I'm barely keeping my head above water. Oh well. Job security, right?

  • Oh and "crazy busy" is code for "I'm not blogging much". Also can translate to "Still reading blogs but not commenting very often". I try to skim posts as much as I can but commenting requires more time. Which I just ain't got. I need to get a laptop so I can multi-task. For now, the computer keeps me anchored in front of the desk upstairs. And I just don't have much time to be there lately.

  • Tatum started kindergarten yesterday. She's so excited to be in school now like her big brothers. She even gets to ride the bus. It's pretty adorable. Check out the pics here.

  • Tess is 17 days old. The T's have quickly adapted to being a pack of five. Less than 3 weeks in.... yet it seems like she's just always been a part of them. But I'm still getting used to saying "my nieces (plural) and nephews". For lots of gratuitous cute baby photos click over to my sister's blog.

  • Speaking of the T's.... the four that are not breastfeeding are having a sleepover at my house this weekend. I think this might be a first. Four at a time I mean. Wish me luck. I think I'll need it.

  • I'm contemplating my next tattoo. I have a concept in mind. Just need to figure out how to draw it out. It's a secret though. So you'll just have to wait and see.

  • I'm only 6 episodes from finishing the first season of SVU. Still enjoying my love affair with Netflix and Det Elliot Stabler.

  • I'm getting an itch to start working on Mia's nursery. I've re-designed it in my head. I guess it's a good thing I didn't decorate it 2 years ago, eh? Unfortunately, I'm still not done with some other projects. Most importantly, the curtains for the living room that were started ... oh I don't know maybe 6 months or so ago... are still not finished. (Hint, hint, mom.) Since she's agreed to make the nursery bedding as well, I can't exactly start on that project now. Not until the other is done. Maybe if you guys give her some positive encouragement, I can get working on the nursery this winter when we're holed up during the snowstorms? Mom... please?

  • My boss had a new roof put on his house. I casually mentioned that's something I need to do at some point. So his roofer buddy gave me an estimate. With the economy so rough the roofing industry is being hit hard. Like everywhere else, I suppose. It makes sense that people don't spend the money to install a new roof when they can't even pay the electric bill. But that translates to a huge drop in price since they're so desperate to attract new jobs. So now I'm debating whether I should just take advantage of the deal and replace my roof sooner rather than later. I've had estimates done before that have fallen anywhere in the $6000-10000 range. This guy quoted me $4300. Sweet price.... and my boss is happy with their work.

  • So here's my dilemma.... Should I dip in to the adoption fund and do it now? With an estimated date of referral 2 years from now, I'm okay with that. But what if.... just what if.... the CC*AA does actually speed up now that the Olympics are over? Alright, contain your laughter. It could happen... anything could happen. It wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd still be able to replace that $4300 with my home equity line if I needed to. What do you guys think? Get it out of the way now for a spec-TAC-ular price? Or wait and see what China does? I'm terrified of spending money. Seriously. My palms get sweaty when the dollar signs get over 2 grand. Anything less than that, I'm usually pretty okay with. But more than that we're talking a major expense. And I get nervous. Opinions?

  • Peace and penguins, peeps! Until next time....
  • 14 comments:

    4D said...

    Do it. It is an investment that adds value to your house. Great point on resale.

    I am in the same boat..but here I am commenting...what?

    Keep smilin!

    Diana said...

    If you need a roof I would do it now as if it starts leaking you will have more of a expense. I am planning on getting a tatoo in honor of my mom and dad..I just have to get the NERVE up (drinking involved) to go.
    Where is your other one at?

    Michelle said...

    I agree with everyone else. If it needs to be done, do it now. I can't tell you how many times I didn't do something that needed to be done when I had the money, only to find later when I had no choice, the money was tight(or not there at all).

    Anonymous said...

    Do it now! After the adoption, you might not be able to for a while! You can recoup the money faster now.

    I am thinking about getting a tattoo but I am not sure where I want to put it. I want to be able to hide when I need to and show it when I want. The ankle is always the first spot I think of but it wouldn't be hidden enough for the times I would need it to be. Any suggestions?

    Lindsay said...

    Do it now. You're saving money and you will not want roofers doing your house when you are home with your daughter!

    Angela said...

    I also agree, do it now! We had ours replaced in April, and I feel so much better now. Not worrying about leaks!!!
    I still plan on getting a tattoo, just keep putting it off!

    Island Girl said...

    I would do it now. It a good price and you know it won't stay that good. Remember after china you won't have any money till she's like 80;)

    Emma said...

    hrmm thought i posted this already but it must have disappeared into web-oblivion! will try again!

    I say with Murphy's Law and all that, DEFINITELY dip into the adoption fund... and the CCAA will speed up - and we can all thank YOU!

    Robin said...

    #1 - Get it done now and out of the way.

    #2.. where has summer gone? We didn't even get together for Margaritas. however, FOOTBALL season is upon us and that's always a good reason to get together and have a good time.
    Go Bucks and Bengals

    kitchu said...

    Going over to visit the T's... love that Tatum is excited about school, at her age I just dreaded it and wanted to stay home!

    Elliot is the bomb.

    GET THE ROOF. DO IT. You will not find a price like that again. Seriously... wish I could afford one myself!

    Kayce said...

    Do the roof! We had to stop wondering if we should do stuff because of the wait, we are now just doing it. Besides that is a fab price!

    Next tat uhn?? I've been working on the concept for my next one for so long now, I need some inspiration!

    Liene said...

    Dip. But this is what I follow it with...immediately try to start socking away at least $100 a paycheck back into the adoption fund.

    Our adoption money is just sitting there and I'm not really happy about it. I had hoped that we would've used it by now!

    Debra Sue said...

    Do it. $4300 is a steal, and who's to say it's NOT going to take that long. Things haven't been speedy for a while.

    Sending crafty vibes to your mama!

    Go Tatum!

    OziMum said...

    Awesome deal on the roof! Ours cost $15k when we redid ours 3 years ago!!! ouch! I'm sure you'll be able to save the money back up, in 2 years.

    So with ya on the "flying time" scenario! Bring on Sept, I say... Spring time here downunder!