Sunday, November 19, 2006

There's A Table Here Somewhere...

First of all, gotta give a shout out to my Bengals who finally won a game today. They beat the New Orleans Saints with a final score of 31 to 16.
Who Dey!!


Second, I need to finish up my quilt squares so I will be able to see my dining room table again. It's looked like this for months now. Pathetic, I know. This is what happens when you're single. I never eat in the dining room. Always either standing up in the kitchen or on the coffee table in front of the TV. So my poor dining room table has become the catch all for anything in my house that doesn't have a home and it's my crafting table, too. Anyway, I digress. Anyone out there that I owe a square or have promised a square to, please let me know. I'm losing track of people. Norma and Gen I will have yours out this week. If anyone else wants one from me, please e-mail me. There'a link in my sidebar.

Third, if you check Mia's quilt blog (also listed in my sidebar) you'll see that I have a little over 90 squares. But if you'll notice, there are several members of my family that still have not contributed. Yes, I'm putting you on front street. Why? Because I started this project in June. I extended the deadline from Oct 1st to Nov 1st then to Thanksgiving for your sorry asses. Let's get with the program, people!! I know that procrastination runs in our blood but come on already! Okay, ranting over.... for now.

Fourth, anyone else out there in the blogosphere who'd like to contribute, please e-mail me. If I get enough over 100, I may pick out some of the pink & green fabrics to be made into a separate smaller quilt to match her nursery.

Okay... off to go get the glue stick.

8 comments:

C's Mom said...

Uhh...that looks pretty much like my whole house lately ;0)

The bottom of the pile will be found one of these days.

You've got a rockin' DTC group. I'm still dragging behind on squares...and I've only gotten a few from my family too. I asked them to choke them up by Thanksgiving. We'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

OOOOH, Krista - wait for me!!!! I've been meaning to get one to you but have been off my rocker lately... I'll get it to you by the end of the week!!!

Carla said...

Okay, first of all, Krista is the biggest procrastinator of us all, so we learned from the best. Two, she fails to mention that the sister she hasn't received squares from has to do 5!! Yes, 5!. I could have had one done by now, but not 5!!!! You just wait til turkey day. Gobble, gobble.

Catherine said...

I can so relate to that table. Maybe I'll get brave and post a pic of mine sometime. I understand the quilt square hold up too. Can you believe mine have been made for months, envelopes addressed for weeks and still they sit empty on my table waiting to be stuffed and mailed. Maybe before Christmas?

Hope you get the ones from your family soon. They'd hate to miss out on this great opportunitiy I'm sure!

Tao's Mommy said...

Dont worry...your family isnt the only family to drag their BUTTS!! I found my family & closest friends to be the worst to get their squares & wishes in!! Just tell them you are starting to sew and that will get them in gear!!
Good Luck and by the way....your square is one of my fav's!!!

Elise said...

90 squares is great! You are almost there! I will send you one!

Drea said...

I'm with you and Kim! My close friends and family have been the worst! I had to send out the first note, then the last call for quilt squares and the other day I sent the one entitled "to all you quilt square procrastinators!" So, you're not alone. Its just hard because there are some people you really want to have be a part of it, but seriously, how many times can you ask!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I just wanted to pop in and say that the good thing about having your dining room table so full of squares is that everyone knows that when you eat standing up or at the coffee table, the calories don't count! :)