Sunday, April 03, 2011

Almost There...

Tonight I printed out "The Call" sheet. You know... the form to write all the info on... her birth date, name, orphanage, province, etc and all the questions I won't remember to ask. Cuz you know my brain will turn to mush as soon as the phone rings.

I charged the Flip, set it up, positioned it on the Gorilla-pod and tested it out just in case I'm home alone when The Call comes. My intention is to actually remember to hit the record button. We'll see.

I loaded brand new batteries in the point and shoot camera in case The Call comes while I'm at work. I'll have my partner snap some photos. And again...hopefully one of us will remember to turn on the video camera, too.

I have it all planned out. I just hope I can think straight to pull it off when it really happens. LOL! I wish I knew for sure WHEN to expect The Call. Will they speed through translations and pick up the phone Tuesday afternoon? Or will I have to wait until Wednesday? I'll be a basket case by Thursday if it hasn't come yet.

The butterflies are fluttering. My heart is beating twice what's normal, I think. My mind won't settle down. How am I ever gonna get any work done this week?

Oh and after 5 years of pouring over all the blogs with baby pictures on Rumor Queen, I can now add mine to the list!! Well, almost. I just need the baby pic first. Stay tuned. It's coming soon. But in the meantime, go check out the other cute Babies.

21 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow! I am first to comment! I don't think that has ever happened before! I am so excited!1 I can only imagine how you feel!! It's hard to believe it is actually, FINALLY going to happen!!! Can't wait to see Mia's face!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hang in there! Just a few more days...

Diana said...

I am so EXCITED for you:) You have been there cheering for all your other blog friends and now it is YOUR turn!!! I am praying for Tuesday (does your agency have many to translate?)
Hugs (and I need your address;)

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Can't wait to see your little one!
Donna

my3 kids said...

So super excited for you girl...tomorrow is going to be an amazing day for you!!

Gravity said...

This is all so exciting!!!! Congrats hon! You're almost there!!

Paulette said...

I had a dream last night about your referral. You handed it like a pro. Enjoy every moment can't wait to see her beautiful face!

4D said...

It is such an exciting time!! So excited for you!

Keep smilin!

Gail said...

Very excited for you!
3 years ago today I got my call.
Your excitement is bringing back those great memories!
I will be checking your blog often.
I'm getting ready to cry happy tears with you!

Donna said...

I hope your plans work out better than mine! Thought I'd get my call on Monday but received it Friday afternoon. Nothing was ready. I can barely read my handwriting from that day!

Such joy and excitement. And finally, being able to really breathe again. It's an amazing time

Catherine said...

Hours baby....you're counting down the hours! Wheee! Praying translations go quickly and you get the call tomorrow!

Michal said...

Man you are down to the wire!!!
You did it!!!! You survived The Wait!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited and happy for you.
Hang in there!!!!

KJS said...

Almost there and I am so excited for you!

Deb said...

Get that camera out and take a picture of the computer screen on RQ with your name on it! (I did it and it might be one of my favorite pictures to look back on!)

So excited for you!!!!

T Kitty said...

Congratulations on making it through the wait! I hope you get your call tomorrow!

Diana said...

Have you checked your April 5th post from last year:)
Starting the Downhill Stretch!!!

Laura said...

Hmmm.... wondering how many times I will check your blog today. So excited for you!!! I've been following your blog for ages and even though I don't know you, I know how hard this wait has been and how ready you are to be a mommy! Yay!

Laura

Dan and Karen said...

I'm a fellow RQ'er and just wanted to wish you the very best! (My mom's nickname for me is Special K so your blog caught my eye :)

After what you've been through with your health, single motherhood will be no sweat!

Just wanted to say I'm so very happy for you with your referral. We were LID 01/23/06 for our first daughter from China and traveled in September 2008 to get her. We went to China again in July 2010 for her sister.

Best wishes as you get your referral and start the wonderful journey to China!

Mia's nursery is to die for! :)

Karen
aka dannysgirl on RQ

Eliza2006 said...

This is SO exciting! I can't wait to find out who your baby girl is?!!!! I'm ready to call your agency in your behalf...just kidding, but I'm REALLY excited for you!

Johnny said...

News?

Brenda said...

Simply beautiful baby, Krista. She will have a big and loving built-in family the minute she arrives on our soil. Now go have an appletini to celebrate!