- Still trying to work out the knee issues. I had a follow up with my doc on Wednesday. Well, actually I only saw his "assistant" cuz it takes a month to get an appt to see him. He seems to be pretty popular, I guess. Anyway... I explained the dilemma, showed her the paperwork in which their office asked for BWC to approve a surgery but failed to list the correct reason for that surgery and how because of that "miscommunication" it has red flagged my file, caused me all kinds of grief with BWC and resulted in me being forced to hire an attorney to straighten it out. I didn't want to say "error" or "somebody here effed this up" cuz I need them to fix this ASAP. So I'm trying to play nice. For now. She seemed to agree and promised to try to help get it resolved. She was actually super nice... which I so totally appreciated.
- She called me the next day to say she'd reviewed the situation with the doc and he's going to do some follow up paperwork for BWC with some better, more detailed explanations of what the problem is with my knee, how I injured it doing what I said I did (not a pre-existing condition) and why I need surgery to fix it so I can perform my job more effectively. Hallelujer!! Do you know the doc normally CHARGES about $1000 just to do that kind of paperwork? Seriously. (I'm clearly in the wrong line of work cuz I do freakin' paperwork all day long!) But thanks to my skilled communication techniques and powers of deductive reasoning I was able to convince the asst to convince the doc that he needed to do this for me FREE since they screwed it up in the first place. Thank gawd he agreed. I mean... we all know that'd be the right and fair thing to do. But we also know that doctors, paperwork and bureaucracy never seem to play fair or logically. So I was afraid I was gonna get even more screwed... but it looks like I may be okay. We shall see. Depends how BWC responds to whatever he writes.
- There was an early rumor over at RQ that she's hearing cut off dates ranging from March 9th to the 14th for the April batch. I hesitate to jump on the rollercoaster because of so many let downs. But since I've prepared my heart for the worst case scenario of only having March 7th referred in the next batch... this rumor made my heart skip a beat. The 14th.... I'm not even buying that. But if we could even just get to the 9th! OMG! OMG! OMG! Some of my real life friends (as opposed to my fake blogger life? what does that even mean?) Sea Star, Pug Mama and Ava's Mom would get referrals together. I can't even take it. That'd be such good news! But I'm really trying to be guarded here. It's not working, is it?
- As usual, I'm a little late to the game but I finally added a "Followers" button to my sidebar. So now you can click there and keep track of me that way. Bloglines has been disappointing me lately. It's been very slow to update ... like 3 days later I'm seeing new posts. And some blogs it's chosen to just not update at all anymore for some reason. I'm over it. I think I'll just try this other way to keep track of folks. With this followers thing, that I've finally begun to explore (procrastinator here, remember?) I've found some new blogs I had no idea even read mine. So hiya, new peeps! Or perhaps you've been here all along but are just new to me? LOL! Anyway, add me. Especially if you read here but maybe think I don't already follow your blog. Cuz I love finding new blogs.
- Speaking of finally getting on board with something everyone else in the world is doing... how about this Facebook? I'm digging it. But it still confuses me. Can someone more experienced than I please explain WTF is the deal with this "Mafia Wars" thing? How do you do it? And why does everyone want me to join their mafia? Seriously. I don't get it. Heather... I see you do it. Quick easy explanation please? Anyone, anyone? LOL!
- I'm getting back on track with my attempts at dieting. I don't even want to tell you how much weight I've gained the last 3 yrs since starting this adoption. Can you say stress eater? I mean we've all heard of baby weight. But I'm ADOPTING, for cripessakes! While at work last week I was close by when a shooting call came out so I stopped in. It turned into a double homicide which brought out the media. I tried like hell to avoid the cameras but they got me. I saw my fat arse on TV. Nothing like seeing yourself on the 6 o'clock news..... walking in slow motion no less.... to give you a big ole dose of reality. I don't think I can get away with saying the camera adds 50 lbs. Holy shit.... it was bad! I'm trying to hold on to that visual every time I want to put something wrong in my mouth. Let's hope that motivation lasts. LOL!
- On a last more serious note..... my friend and co-worker, Phil.... the nicest guy in the world, is in a very difficult battle for his life against stage 4 cancer. And my Aunt Norma is back in the hospital undergoing some procedures to hopefully improve her quality of life and get her in a better place. But any kind of surgery for her is risky at this point. So if you're the praying kind.... maybe send a few their way.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
A Week? WTF?!
Yep a week has passed with no blogging for me. Not sure how that happened. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I just didn't have anything worthwhile to say. Whatever the case may be I'll give y'all some bullet updates. Not like there's really anything all that interesting going on in my life to need an update. But here goes....