and I'm all about lazy.
- The Invisible Fence is working like a charm. Griffey chased a cat through the yard the other day but put the skids on right when he got to the edge of the driveway. I think his paws were smoking. I've gotten more comfortable with leaving him outside by himself. I've managed an entire 30 minutes so far. :)
- I started my Christmas shopping already. Even though I'm a major procrastinator the "lazy" and "hates crowds" gene wins when it comes to this. I hate the craziness of last minute shopping. Yes... I know I'm going to China at some point and the "hates crowds" part will be a problem. Hopefully, I'll be so blissfully happy it won't matter. Or too exhausted. Whichever the case may be.
- There's a local weatherman who runs a well known donation campaign every year for people to donate winter coats for kids who are less fortunate. I was at work the other day and heard a call come over the radio on a "disturbance". Apparently, they were handing out the coats but ran out before everyone got one and some of the "less fortunate" were being disorderly and unruly. Are you f*cking kidding me? Whatever happened to being grateful and showing some appreciation? Why do some people have such a sense of entitlement? I hate that. No one owes your kid a freakin coat. Go get a job if you want one that bad.
- Had another visit at the hospital last night with my homegirls. Sophie is doing better. They had a rough day Monday. But things were more even keeled yesterday. She's learned how to stand on her IV pole and ride it down the hallway. It's so stinkin' cute! Sometimes she pushes off with one leg like she's on a scooter. Maryellen's gonna try to capture it on video. She's managed to charm all the nurses on her floor. Of course.
- I'm bummed that one of my other homegirls is shutting down her blog. But after a phone conversation with her I understand why. But it still sucks. Sophie told me to say thanks, Mel. She loves her bear.
- I donated over 1000 grains of rice today at www.freerice.com. Hey, I'm smarter than I look, people. Who knew I had such a colorful vocabulary?
- Oh yeah... and today is my 17 month LID-versary. Woo freakin Hoo... as one of my other homegirls likes to say. But at least I'm 17 months closer to Mia. Blah-blah-blah.
- All this talk about my homegirls makes me realize just how much I miss all of them. And how much fun our weekend was last summer. Great memories.
- That's it folks. Have a nice day!