Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What I'm Happy About

The Grammys. Loved them this year. Some really great performances. But there were a couple of awards where I was scratching my head going.... who?

Survivor starts tomorrow. I really like TV. LOL!

I got a brand new I-Phone. I'm a first timer. I adore it so far. I still have a lot to learn but I'm having fun with it.

I just renewed my immigration paperwork for the last time. Hallelujer!

I've lost about 15 lbs on this new diet since starting it 3 weeks ago. I haven't been in this weight range in about 2 years. Or these pants. And it feels fabulous!

There are only 12 days until the CCAA gets to me. Yay! I'm really feeling April. Could I be a mom before Mother's Day?

My master bedroom is being completely re-done. New carpet, paint, furniture, decor, everything. Nesting anyone? I can't wait to see it finished.

There are two baby showers being planned for me. That's right...two! I can't wait to celebrate this baby with all the people who have supported me and waited with me all these years. Oh and the presents. Presents are pretty cool, too. Wink, wink.

The clasp on my Pandora bracelet broke. That part didn't make me happy. But them replacing it at no cost to me did. Wonderful customer service.

My dog is okay. We had a scare this week. Much more than a scare actually. A terrifying moment where his life flashed before my eyes. But our guardian angels were watching over the both of us. And we're okay.

I had a birthday on Sunday. And while getting another year older wasn't so great.... my birthday present was. What was it? The most active burglar in my district getting caught in the act. A strange gift, right? Let me explain.

This guy is my archnemesis. He just turned 19 a week ago but I've been dealing with him for years. And he's probably responsible for 30-50% of all the burglaries in my district. Just him. I put him away, he does a little time, gets out and starts hammering me again. But this is the first solid case I've had against him as an adult.

Not only that... but during my interrogation I was able to get him to confess to two other burglaries as well. Cuz I'm just that good, people. Interview is an art and I'm a master. LOL! Well, maybe. He refused to budge on the other 15 I believe he's done recently. But seriously... I'm very happy to be sending him to prison. Real prison. Not juvenile detention. Maybe he might actually get it this time.

And best of all... the burglary rate in my district is guaranteed to go down while he's away. Which means a smaller case load for me. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Can't wait to celebrate your little one with you!

Diana said...

OK..15 pounds in 3 weeks..What diet are you following?
I can not wait to see pictures of your Bedroom finished.
AND it is about darn time that is it YOUR turn for some baby showers:) I can not wait to see your daughter in your arms!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the diet - share the details!! Fingers crossed for you that the referrals fly fast.

Anonymous said...

Yay, You! Congrats all around!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday!! What fun to celebrate you and prepare for the arrival of your sweet Mia's referral!! Being a Mother by Mother's Day would be THE BEST!!! Well, other than next year when you'll celebrate Mother's Day with Mia in your arms!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on everything and happy belated birthday.

Selkie Mom said...

That is great news. Happy Belated Birthday!

Carla said...

Congrats on the weight loss. And getting your bedroom done. Uh, and on your archnemesis getting caught in the act. LOL

What happened with Griffey?

OziMum said...

Happy belated Birthday! Archnemesis!! You sound like you're on an episode of heroes!

kitchu said...

all good things and so glad your little G is okay!! i hate those kind of scares. can't wait to see the before and after of the master bedroom and congrats on the weight lost. i just KEEP gainin'!!