Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Heart My Porch

Wanna see my new favorite spot in the house? Finally, right? I know, I know. You've all been dying to know which rug I chose. LOL! Well, for those who were wondering... here it is. I chose the one that looks like a wrought iron fence design. It's really very pretty and goes perfectly with the new chairs. The rug makes this space feel so much more like just another room in my house.... instead of "outside".I love sitting out here now. The chairs are so comfortable. The perfect spot for reading a book. I added a few new things to make the space even more relaxing. A little side table to hold my cocktail.Some candle light for those romantic evenings. I mean, who wants to have that bright glaring porch light on? Attracting moths to circle your head. Plus we all look way hotter in candle light, right? LOL! The blue tile in this votive holder matches my new mosaic house number plaque.Which I love love love! The pic doesn't even do it justice. It's really gorgeous. I found a wonderful artist on Etsy who custom made this plaque. I can't say enough great things about her! If anyone is interested, you can find Kristin's shop, Pear Tree Mosaics, through the link. She was so easy to work with and will design your plaque in the color of your choosing. Tell her Krista sent ya. It's a great investment and adds some major curb appeal.A new lemon leaf wreath for the front door. Fake, of course.But my flowers are real. And still hanging in there considering it's so late in the season.I'm kinda surprised I still have so much color. Even with the new blue theme I had to get some hot pink in there somehow. The rockers ended up over on the end of the porch. I just don't have a spot for them anywhere else and I didn't want to get rid of them. Luckily, there's just enough room for them to not be in the traffic path of the front door. And it'll be nice to have the extra seating when friends come by. Especially since Griffey has claimed this chair as his.

31 comments:

Sam said...

Oooooooo...I like it!

Kim said...

LOVE the chairs.. and the numbers are WONDERFUL..
I sat in those chairs at my store.. very comfy..
have a great week..
Love the rug...

4D said...

SOOOOOOO nice! Love it all!

Keep smilin!

Carla said...

It looks really great without the porch swing. Very cozy. love the rug.

a Tonggu Momma said...

LOVE it! Our porch is not really wide enough for chairs, which makes me wonder why they made the porch at all...

Michelle said...

It's so purty! Love those colors.

Catherine said...

Krista...it's beautiful!!! great job all round!

Sandra said...

I LOVE it! Greaty job!

Two Kayaks said...

So beautiful!!! I wish I had a porch!!!

GGHadden said...

Looks great!

FinsUp said...

OOOOOH! Can I come hang?

Donna said...

What's not to heart! It's gorgeous!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

kitchu said...

looks fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

You do such an awesome job with decorating. It looks so inviting. I'll be over for a margarita soon!

Suzie said...

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it!!! Every detail is perfect - the numbers, the candle, the rug, everything!

I miss having a porch. Not too many homes in coastal FL have them.

my3 kids said...

I love it too..you have such nice taste in decorating. I am sure you will enjoy many hours out on your porch. Hope your doing well.

Laura said...

I heart your porch too!!!! It looks great! I love that blue color on the chairs. And Griffey looks so comfy - too cute!

Susie said...

I heart your porch too!!! So good lookin'.

Traci said...

I hear a beer calling my name on your front porch. Sucks is so cold!!

Kayce said...

I really heart your porch!!! Beautiful!

k1 said...

Looks fantastic! Now, do tell, do you have someone to share the romantic candle light with???

Besides Griffey!

Call me nosey. I'm an investigator. I can't help asking these things. :)

laurie said...

Looks great. I think I voted for that rug. Griffy looks sassy too!

Robin said...

I looks amazing!

Shannon said...

Looks wonderful! I'll be over for beverages on your beautiful porch around 5. =)

Donna said...

I can see why you like it so much...and Griffey too!

Kelli said...

wow, the porch is beautiful! I love the address sign too!!! Hope you are feeling better!!!

Kristy said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Love , Kristy

Mrs. Darling said...

Beautiful and bright!!

Haven't been around as often as I'd like but I am still waiting with you to see Mia's cute little face.

oh and I luv spraypaint 2 :)

Much love and many hugs,
Gen

Tamara said...

Your porch looks SO inviting. The color really pops and the tile plaque is fab! Bet you can't wait to get home in the evening to relax :)

Debbie Z said...

Looks great Krista!! Griffey keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!

Liene said...

I heart your porch too! Totally Fab-O! It makes me want to come over with a book and a glass of wine and veg in those chairs.